Pages

Wednesday 4 March 2015

Stockhom - part 2

The rest of my trip to Stockholm was spent between walking and visiting some more museums.

The Vasa museum was one of the most interesting, in particular for sketching. The Vasa is a warship built in the 17th century which sank on its maiden voyage not far from Stockholm. It was recovered in the 20th century and now stands proudly in the main hall of the museum.

One of the challenges was definitely to find a way to fit this beautiful vessel in my Moleskine sketchbook. This format is not really my favourite, to be honest.

Vasa

It took me 2 tries to get a satisfactory result, but I have to say I'm pretty happy with this second sketch.

Vasa

If there is one thing I will definitely take back with me from Sweden, it's the delicious kannelbulle. I loved them so much that I even bought a book with Swedish recipes just so I could have the recipe for these delicious little cakes.

Ah, kanelbulle! I miss you dearly! But I will get to the bottom of your secrets soon. Hahaha

Kanelbulle

It's true that time flies when you are having fun, but this time I was really surprised when Friday arrived and I had to go home already.

I was very early at the airport, so I still squeezed in an airport sketch, a view of Arland airport.

Arlanda airport


No comments:

Post a Comment