Pages

Tuesday 15 April 2014

New week with Koosje Koene

Our second teacher in Sketchbook Skool is Koosje Koene.

She is an artist from the Netherlands who shares her creativity and art tips in a fun way.

Her klass is about taming our inner critic, that little voice in our head that tells us that what we are doing is not good enough, and about finding the courage to go outside and draw.

As an urban sketcher, I am already a bit used to drawing outside, but the inner critic is definitely still there and needs to be silenced or at least distracted.

One of her assignments is to draw an object with pencils in the most realistic way possible.

It is a work of patience, as her demo video shows us, and it teaches us to really look at the object we are drawing.

I made this drawing with watercolour pencils, because the paper in my sketchbook is too grainy and the pencils just didn't cover the paper correctly.

The highlights don't show enough. I will have to leave more white areas next time, but what bothers me most is the red circle. It just looks too fake.

Then again it is supposed to portray plastic, so I guess that is a good thing?

Sans titre
What are these thingys called?
The second assignment from Koosje is to go outside and draw. I am not sure I will have time to do that until Friday, though.

However, the 43rd international Sketchcrawl is coming this weekend, so I can catch up on that then.

This other sketch I made during Danny Gregory's klass. It is my parent's couch. I just loved how the light fell on it.

Sans titre
It is getting old but it is still very comfortable

No comments:

Post a Comment