Pages

Monday 31 March 2014

Exchanging adventures

A sketcher in the Urban Sketchers Flickr group recently organised a worldwide sketching exchange with the theme "small adventures".

Participants should make three sketches that show some kind of adventure, e.g. the path leading to a specific place.

I haven't had much time to work on this recently, so I took advantage of the time spent on a sketchcrawl yesterday with the Luxembourg Sketchers to get to it.

We went to one of Luxembourg's most popular parcs to sketch the people around us.

Inspiration took its sweet time coming, so I decided to make a three part view of the parc.

Unfortunately, sketching nature is not so my thing, and I wasn't completely satisfied with my three sketches.

Luckily, a cute teckel caught my attention and I decided to make this about his "adventure".

I later stitched the sketches together to make an accordeon booklet and that was it!

Here is the resulting panoramic view (I finally learned to paste several images together).

USk exchange
He's on his way to France now

And here are the three separate sketches.


You can find the discussion thread with all the submissions on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment